Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Yu Zhong Review + Tips by aktillum

I bought Yu Zhong bundle as soon as it was available and have been playing him nonstop. I'm not a pro esport player but I soloQ'd up to Mythic rank this season and have won MCL with my squad, so...there's my credentials I guess.

Review of Yu Zhong skills

He feels like a hybrid of other heros. A little bit of Roger, a little bit of Masha, a little bit of Aldous. He's pretty unique but you'll find similarities between him and other fighters, basically.

His skills are pretty good, very easy to combo. Some guides I saw recommend this combo: Skill 3, Skill 1, Skill 2.

It works, yes, but I have a better combo imo: Skill 1, Skill 3, Skill 2. This is because Yu's first skill has a brief charge. You can Skill 1 and then immediately Skill 3, and his S1 will proc right after you land from S3. Its similar to how you chain S1>S2 with Uranus.

Yu's SS seems awesome and intimidating, and it can be. It's very much like Pharsa turning into a bird because you can fly all over the map over all obstacles. But you also do tiny knockback/stun to anybody you touch while flying around.

While in Dragon form, you still take a bit of damage, but no CC. Aldous SS bounces right off you, for example. But you'll get murdered quickly if you just try to fly into the whole enemy team by yourself.

After coming out of Dragon form, Yu is all enhanced and stuff. This is where he becomes very similar to Roger's werewolf.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate Yu Zhong's power maybe a 7.5 or 8.

Review of Yu Zhong survivability

He is incredibly strong early game. However he does not snowball very hard. I'll explain why.

Yu Zhong relies primarily on lifesteal and attack damage. You might think he's like a hybrid fighter-tank because he looks scary, omg big monster dragon dude, but he's actually kind of weak in HP. And his passive lifesteal isn't very much.

You can escape clashes with his S3 and SS, but you won't escape coordinated ambushes, like you can with Uranus (apples to oranges, just an example).

Early to mid-game, you can easily 1v1 all other heros, and mid-game you can even try 2v1 such as killing tank+MM by yourself. But late game, he becomes a bit paper-thin. He doesn't have Ruby's insane amount of lifesteal. A snowballed Aldous will pwn Yu Zhong pretty hard lategame, for example.

Yu Zhong builds

After experimenting with a bunch of different builds in classic and ranked, there's 2 I've found to work well.

1: Endless Battle, Warrior Boots, Corrosion Scythe, Thunderbelt, Bloodlust Axe, Demon Hunter Sword

2: Raptor Machete, Magic Shoes, Bloodlust Axe, Blade of Despair, Queen's Wings, Endless Battle

For the first build, corrosion scythe helps a lot in early-mid game chasing heros. Thunderbelt's passive adds a bit of "oomph" to a S1>S3>S2 combo.

For the second build, its your basic offlaner+jungle build, taken with Retribution spell. Big damage, sustainability from Bloodlust's spellvamp taken early game.

Final words

Overall, he's a very strong fighter that can dominate early to mid game, and late game as well depending on the other team's heros. But I'm going to say that Aldous is still the king of lategame snowballing.

A snowballed Aldous will easily wreck Yu Zhong late game, so pray you don't have any bronze Fannys and Kimmys on your team.

So if you were hoping Yu Zhong would be an "Aldous Killer", he is in the early game, but depending on your team, he's not late game.

(posted by aktillum)